The creative process is like a train chugging along its tracks. If you sit and listen, you can hear the distant train whistle as it heads into the edge of town. You are welcome to jump on the train, if you dare, and take it for a ride. Sometimes the rides are free; sometimes they come with a cost. If you ride that train, then you can’t stop the train from deviating from the track – to do so would bring destruction to you as well as the train. For the engine to pull into its destination, you have to sit back and let the train take its course. There are valleys, mountains, tunnels, forests, and bridges. The train must pass through whatever is placed along its path to reach the destination. When the train pulls into the station, if your journey has been satisfactory, you want to share that journey with others. You say, “Come on. Trust me. This ride is worth your time.” Sometimes you realize the journey wasn’t worth the time and you tuck your experience away, keeping it to yourself as you look for the next train to come along.
Sean Slagle was born and raised in Kentucky, but now lives with his wife and children in Indiana.
He teaches high school English and is an adjunct professor at a local university. He has been published in fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and drama.
- Since my ItWorks story is just beginning, here is part of this gentlemanâs story. 46lbs lost from October until Jaâ¦ https://t.co/TnpdF2dF6M 56 mins ago
- RT @SlagleKaleb: Sorry about the delayð¬ð¬! Also my new mixtape âHow Thotfulâ will be dropping August 5 ðð½ðð½ https://t.co/GFhB18VXNk 2018/07/14
- Why did I join ItWorks as a distributor? There are a few reasons. For one, I needed help with my health goals. Iâveâ¦ https://t.co/qyUwBVjUBy 2018/07/13
- Hanging with Dad and drinking some Greens on the Go, which has 52 herbs and nutrient rich superfoods, as well as 34â¦ https://t.co/Skn2Xoxh5m 2018/07/11
- Hey folks! ðð¼ Iâm looking for 5 product models to try Thermofight to boost metabolism, burn calories, gain ENERGY aâ¦ https://t.co/aZxtT8YqyJ 2018/07/11